Condensed milk is cow milk from which water has been removed. It is most often found in the form of sweetened condensed milk (SCM). Sweetened condensed milk is a very thick, sweet product which once sealed in cans, heated to kill any bacteria, has an extremely long shelf life and makes it attractive for shipping purposes.
Creamy, rich and addictively sweet, Sweetened Condensed Milk is used in numerous varieties of desserts and because of the sugar already present in the milk, most of our recipes require no additional sugar. Condensed Milk is suitable as a substitute for milk, you can also use it in drinks such as coffee or tea.
Nutritional of the product
- Condensed milk is truly a health food as it contains all the essential nutrients namely proteins, fats, carbohydrates required for all age groups
- Per serving: calories: 120, total fat 9%, saturated fat > 10%, cholesterol 5%, sodium 2%, carbohydrates: 7%, sugars: 21 g, protein: 34%, vitamin A: 2%, vitamin C: 2% and calcium: 10%
- Other nutrients present in condensed milk include potassium for proper nerve function, magnesium for muscular function and phosphorus for energy metabolism
Storage conditions at the customer
- Sweetened Condensed Milk has a good shelf-life, can be stored at least a year although you should check the date of manufacture
- Try using it up as early as possible once the can is opened, you should store it in the refrigerator and use it within seven days
- Cool, dry, clean, fresh environment of max. 15ºC